Sunday, November 23, 2008

SAIF ALI KHAN DECIDED TO WORK WITH THE DEOLS' FAVOURITE FILMMAKER ANIL SHARMA


It seems to be one of the most unlikely creative team in mainstream cinema. Has Saif Ali Khan decided to work with the Deols' favourite filmmaker Anil Sharma, the guy who made savage masala films with one or the other Deol throughout the 1980s?

Talk of this unlikely combination has been gathering momentum ever since Saif's under-production film Tara Rum Pum with Rani Mukherji reached the finishing line. Saif needed to get cracking with his next assignment. And, reportedly, he has. 

Saif said, "Yes Anil Sharma approached me and I'm looking at the script. Remember, this is the man who made Gadar. It would be interesting to go into this kind of cinema. If I decide to do it, I'd be fully into it."

"I've never worked with Anil, or the two actors who are going to be my co-stars. It should be fun," said Saif before he left for a holiday to Maldives with his family. 

And has he refused to work with Fardeen Khan in Abbas-Mustan's project? "No. I think this kind of talk started when I had to back out of Feroz Khansaab's Qurbani which he wanted to do with me and Fardeen. I could not do that film due to genuine date problems," replied Saif.

No comments: